Re: Remote Resue Disk

On Sun, 17 Jun 2001, Jason Lim wrote:

> AFAIK there are "rescue disks" but none that also include a telnetd and
> remote connection capabilities as well.

I seem to remember doing just this with a one-disk rescue distro called
CCLinux (Cosmic Chaos Linux?) that someone brought into a class I was
running in Dublin. One of the Eircom engineers used it to get into
one of their servers from within the classroom; no problem.
IIRC it's one of those single boot/rescue disks you can very easily add
your own mods to (e.g. telnetd, if it isn't on there already).

HTH
--
Martin Wheeler       -        StarTEXT - Glastonbury - BA6 9PH - England
[1] mwheeler@startext.co.uk                   http://www.startext.co.uk/

 www.gateway.gov.uk  --  the UK government's £18M Microsoft-only website
      -- "all your government's databases are now belong to us" --