Re: Finding the Bottleneck

> Additionally, as far as I can see, most emails get sent to the same
> moderately large list of domains (eg. aol), so the local DNS server
> would've cache them already anyway.

This has been a long thread so forgive me if this has already been
discussed but...
  If you are usually delivering multiple messages to a handful of
domains wouldn't the performance be greatly improved by using Exim or
Sendmail that is capable of delivering multiple messages per connection?
Particularly if AOL is involved since I have seen it take four or five
attempts to get a connection to their SPAM clogged mail servers.
  If I understand q-mail correctly it does one message per connection
and opening/closing the connection often takes longer then transmitting
the data.

DISCLAIMER: This post is not intended to start a religious war over
which mail transport program is best! :-)

Pete
--
http://www.elbnet.com
ELB Internet Services, Inc.