Installing 2.2 on a large memory system.

Hi all,

 I am trying to install Potato (2.2) on a system with 1Gb of RAM (Dell
6350). It gives me crap when the kernel loads. The crap is: Kernel stops

 I had this problem before with Dells with 1GB of RAM. I fixed it by
removing some RAM, perform the install and put the RAM back (after
recompiling a fresh kernel).

 In this case, I can't take the RAM off. I need to modify the kernel
contained in the boot disk (and in the basic packages I guess) so that I
can install the damn thing.

 Anyone knows where I could start?

	Haim.