Re: What Happened to ORBS?

(please don´t send html-mails, thankyouverymuch)

On Tue, 05 Jun 2001 06:46:31 CDT, "s u r f l o r i d a" writes:
>Does anyone know what happened to http://www.orbs.org/ and the
>mail servers they had on their blacklist?  Is someone taking it over?
>
>I have searched the news sites and have came up with nothing.

see attached mail.

cheers,
&rw
--- Begin Message ---
On Fri, 01 Jun 2001 17:44:11 EDT, "Noah L. Meyerhans" writes:
>On Fri, Jun 01, 2001 at 11:21:37PM +0200, Robert Waldner wrote:
>> On Fri, 01 Jun 2001 12:04:27 EDT, "Noah L. Meyerhans" writes:
>> >Does anybody know what happened to ORBS?  http://www.orbs.org simply
>> >shows "Due to circumstances beyond our control, the ORBS website is no
>> >longer available."  There's no further explanation.
>>
>> Well, according to Alan Brown they were "served with 2 NZ High court
>>  injunctions ordering the removal of several ORBS listings against
>>  sites inside New Zealand".
>>
>> I´d guess a connection there.
>
>I would think so as well, except for the fact that their database is
>still working.  It seems that only their web server is down.
>
>It's odd.

Yup. Alan, would you care to comment?

cheers,
&rw
--
-- I think you should defend to the death their right to
-- march, and then go down and meet them with baseball bats.

--- End Message ---
/ Ing. Robert Waldner |  <r.waldner@xsoft.at>  \
\     Xsoft GmbH      | T: +43 1 796 36 36 692 /