ANNOUNCE: Freeside 1.3.1

I'm happy to announce the release of Freeside 1.3.1.

Freeside is an open-source billing and account administration package for
ISPs.

You can download the new version, read the documentation, and play with a
web demo at <http://www.sisd.com/freeside>.

This is also a request-for-assitance from a more experienced Debian
developer for assistance packaging the software.  I've packaged some
simple programs, but the amount of integration a central billing database
has with other systems is making packing difficult.

All of the dependencies are already packaged and in woody.  For potato, I
maintain an apt-able repository of the necessary Perl modules:

        deb http://cleanwhisker.420.am/pub/debian-unoff stable main

1.3.1 is a bugfix release which fixes all currently known problems with
1.3.0.  If the 1.3.0 verison gave you problems, give this version a try.

New features of the 1.3.x series include:

- Database transactions
- Web aging reports
- Export of BIND and Apache configuration files.
- Session monitor to track and limit usage on a time
  (hourly/"minutely") basis.  This can be used, with RADIUS, to keep track
  of NAS ports, and can also be used to implement hotel- or cafe- type
  access, where the user must sign in on a webpage before being granted
  access to the network.  In conjunction with the session server, prepaid
  cards can now be for an amount of time rather than money.

Enjoy!

--
meow
_ivan