Re: Zmailer question.

On Thursday 31 May 2001 17:42, Przemyslaw Wegrzyn wrote:
> > > Hmm, I use qmail almost everywhere, but friend asked me for some help
> > > with zmailer. Almost everything is done, but also we need ability to
> > > send mails to all our customers - all accounts in all virt domains.
> > > What's the easiest solution with zmailer ?
> >
> > If you are using Maildir storage then my maildir-bulletin package might
> > do what you need.
>
> Nope. It makes no problem with Maildirs, but here it's still on mailboxes
> (will change soon).
>
> I see generaly (on every MTA) 2 ways - alias to all (but there's a risk of
> abuse), and second way - script simply sending to everyone in the prepared
> list.

If it's an alias to all then make sure you BCC the alias and configure your
mail server to not include a delivered-to field with the address.

In either case (script sending to everyone or alias) it will take huge
amounts of time to deliver, which is why I wrote maildir-bulletin.
Delivering to 1000 users on a slowish machine can take 30 minutes.  The same
machine running maildir-bulletin can do it in well under a minute.