Re: local delivery of mails using virtusertable

On Tue, 29 May 2001, Rama koti Reddy wrote:

> Dear friends, i am requesting assistance for configuring the virtusertable feature in sendmail

Interesting that'd you'd come here ;-)

> I am using sendmail-8.11.0-8.i386.rpm, form redhat linux 7.0 and sendmail-cf-8.11.0-9.i386.rpm which is downloaded from the net.

You'll obviously get no redhat specific help here, but I'll try.

> My requirement is like this.
>
> For example,
>
> www.integramicro.com  is the main server of my company.
>
> we have a linux server at each office. All the emplyees have mail accounts at the main server www.integramicro.com .
> If an employee abc send mail to other employee xyz, who have accounts at www.integramicro.com, then if abc and xyz are connected same local server then mail should be delivered locally, otherwise it should send to www.integramicro.com.

I'd scrap the virtusertable for this, and go with a mail hub:
	define(`MAIL_HUB', `relay:www.integramicro.com')
	define(`LOCAL_RELAY', `relay:www.integramicro.com')
	define(`SMART_HOST', `relay:www.integramicro.com')

This is untested, but the idea is to send all unqualified (user only)
address via LOCAL_RELAY, all qualified, but non-local vi MAIL_HUB, and
all external via SMART_HOST.

--
Rick Nelson
<Crow-> who gives a shit about US law