Re: Determining IP address of my pc (dial up and/or cable modem)

On Thu, 24 May 2001, "Antonio Rodriguez" <rodriga@dbcc.cc.fl.us> wrote:

> I know this must be a very stupid question (+/+) <<<< flaming myself
> Any way: I am not sure how I can determine the IP address of my
> machine after I have a dialup connection established. Will the first
> ip given by mtr be mine, or first machine connected to in network?

Type (as root)

tail -f -n50 /var/log/messages

before you launch the dialup connection.  You will see the entire
process, including all the info your provider is sending to you.
After that, you can decide the best way to go depending on the use you
want to make of that IP address...

ChriS