Determining IP address of my pc (dial up and/or cable modem)

I know this must be a very stupid question (+/+) <<<< flaming myself
Any way: I am not sure how I can determine  the IP address of my machine after I have a dialup connection established. Will the first ip given by mtr be mine, or first machine connected to in network?
How does it work in the case of cable-modem connection? Since I have noticed that what we get is adapter address, instead of ip address.
Please send a copy of reply to rodriga@dbcc.cc.fl.us  (trying to connect with my home machine from work with putty) Lost.
Thanks a lot.