Re: Cyrus or Courier?

Haim Dimermanas <dudle@linuxroot.org> writes:

>  I am in the process of setting up an email system that will host
> thousands of domains, many aliases per domain as well as forwarding
> capabilities on a per-domain basis.
>
>  As far as the MTA is concerned, my choice is postfix. After reading the
> postfix-users mailing for a week (~60 msg a day), I think I got a good
> feeling about how postfix works.
>
>  I am now confronted with choosing a good Local Delivery Agent. I heard
> great things about Cyrus so I gave it a shot. After realizing that the
> HOWTO was out-of-date (damn!) and that the Cyrus documentation was
> somewhat cryptic, I am now considering Courier.
>
>  What I need is something that is scalable, reliable and working with a
> database (MySQL first, maybe Oracle later on). Between Cyrus and
> Courier, which one do you recommend? Please note that I am not trying to
> start a flame war, I just need to make an important decision.

[tv@ki ~]$ apt-cache show scalemail
Package: scalemail
 A scalable (but not HA, atleast not yet) virtual domain system for
 handling mail for many users, based on Postfix, LDAP and maildrop
 (Courier-IMAP will be integrated soon).

	It's nowhere near finished, but it should be a good direction to go to.

--
tv@{{hq.yok.utu,havoc,gaeshido}.fi,{debian,wanderer}.org,stonesoft.com}
unix, linux, debian, networks, security, | First snow, then silence.