Re: routing routable IPs over non-routable IPs

At 08:00 AM 5/22/01 +0200, Robert Waldner wrote:

>On Tue, 22 May 2001 01:26:56 EDT, Chris Wagner writes:
>>We should probably clarify "non-routable" by saying "non-publicly routable".
>
>Well, we could also say RFC1918, couldn´t we ;-?

LOL

>- DNS, you´ll have to set up split DNS for your RFC1918- and external
> IPs

I consider that to be good sense from a security standpoint regardless.

>- in Real Life, you sometimes _will_ have to debug from the outside of
> your network
>- in Real Life, someone else _will_ debug from the outside (and quite
> probably complain about the RFC1918-IPs or simply be fed up)

Hehe, yeah I receive complaints from those people from time to time. :D  But
it's a moot point since the firewalls filter anything useful...

                    ---=<ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US>=---
            ___/`<YOU HAVE NO CHANCE TO SURVIVE MAKE YOUR TIME!>`\___

00000100