Re: An LDAP authentication howto for Debian?

On Sun, Apr 29, 2001 at 04:52:54AM -0700, Simon Tennant wrote:
> I wrote a howto about 6 months back.  It was tricky setting up but I think
> I cover most of the potential disaster areas in my howto.
>
> 	http://www.imaginator.com/~simon/ldap/

After successfully setting up ldap authentication according to your
howto, I recommend you add a section about schemas.

In order to get it running with a woody server and sid client, I needed
to add more includes to the interactively generated /etc/ldap/slapd.conf.

# Schema and objectClass definitions
include     /etc/ldap/schema/core.schema
include     /etc/ldap/schema/cosine.schema
include     /etc/ldap/schema/nis.schema
include     /etc/ldap/schema/misc.schema
include     /etc/ldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema

Otherwise, the migration tools will fail, as they use attributetypes not
defined in core.schema.

I also had problems, finding documentation to pam.
Which modules are available?
What arguments do those take?

Perhaps you can point me to a good source of information, or add some
links to the HOWTO.

tia
florian

--
     Florian Friesdorf <42ff@gmx.net>
OpenPGP key available on public key servers

------> Save the future of Open Source <------
-> Online-Petition against Software Patents <-
------> http://petition.eurolinux.org <-------