From: "Hector Castillo" <hcastillo@ono.com>
To: <debian-isp@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2001 4:01 AM
Subject: Apache suEXEC problem

We have recently installed Debian into one of our machines. The purpose
was to serve part of our client pages to the Net using apache-ssl
server, but we have discovered now one problem.
apache-ssl has been configured in Debian with suEXEC, but it supposes
that pages are in "/var/www", and we have them into "/home/webftp". So
now no script can be executed because the Apache wrapper (suexec) locks
its execution.
It's impossible to move the pages to the original directory (there are
a lot users and a lot pages), and the suEXEC is necessary.
My question is: ¿does anybody know how to recompile the Debian source
of apache-ssl and which files would be necessary to change?

--
   Héctor Castillo Andreu
   hcastillo@ono.es