Re: Kernels 2.4.x for ISP ?

Adaptec... Ignore Linux.. nah, just ask them, the 2100S RAID card runs
just fine under linux. They have drivers for Linux right on their
website.. for "version 6.0". Uhhh... linux version 6.0???

to all vendors out there:
   "Redhat" does not equal "linux"
   "Redhat" is a member of "the set of distributions that run linux"
   There exists a distribution such that: (actually several
distributions)
             the distribution is a member of the set of distributions
that run linux
               and
             the distribution is not "Redhat"

   Therefore: releasing drivers for Redhat does not mean you support
"linux".

I can write this out a bit better with set theory notation, but that's
not easy to do with ASCII. My advice to all.. email Adaptec and ask them
for linux drivers, then try to follow up on the bonheaded response that
tells you to down load the RH driver (or the SuSE driver). Then go out
and buy a Mylex.

For those that mentioned the Dell PERC 3... good card, pretty easy to
work with (as long as you use the patched boot disks). Dell also seems
interested in supporting linux, not just RH.

--Rich