Re: Can I automagically sign all outgoing email?

On Fri, 18 May 2001, Andreas Rabus wrote:

> is the a pssibility to sign, not crypting, all outgoing mail on my
> mailserver with an key that is only on that server?
> A private encryption shoul be possible to, i don't see any problems there.
>
> It would be fine to have all email from my company sigen by the company.
> (s.th. lika e digital signature..)
>
> Anybody any ideas?
>
> PS:
> I'm currently using postfix and cyrus on an Linux box and M$ Outlook on the
> clients.

hrm... for postfix, I have no idea...

For sendmail, you can write a mail filter (in C, perl, etc) and have it
run against all email entering the server (which means you'd have to
selectively add the signature based upon domain).

sendmail 8.10(iirc) and above support MailfIlters (milter), see
libmilter-dev and (probably only on CPA sendmail::milter or somesuch)
--
Rick Nelson
Linux is addictive, I'm hooked!