Re: Maildir vs mbox

Cameron Moore <lists@toad.bitstreet.net> writes:

> I can almost guarantee that you will see a performance increase.  Also
> note that you don't have to change to postfix.  You can configure
> sendmail to use whatever local delivery agent you want (ie. something
> like maildrop http://www.flounder.net/~mrsam/maildrop/).

Good to know.

> If it were me, I would use maildrop with sendmail first, and then
> replace sendmail with postfix after I have the Maildir+imap figured out.
> Anyway, good luck.

Thanks.  I'm comfortable with postfix and since this is a single domain site
the configuration is trivial.  I prefer postfix as an MTA and since it
supports Maildir "out of the box" I'd just as soon switch to it right away,
even though the MTA is not the bottleneck.

Thanks for the input.  I'll follow up in a few weeks once we've done the
conversion to let you all know how it went.

Fraser