Re: system mirror

On Thu, 26 Apr 2001 17:37:56 +0200, "Marek L. Kozak" <marko@terabajt.pl> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I please advice me and answer to these questions:
>
> 1. what kind of software will be suitable to mirror the system running
> Apache + PHP + SQL database + MTA with virtual domains.

rsync with ssh, you can sync either way, only update what you need to.
Get it all set up properly, then run a cron to sync, check your cron logs regularly.

> 2. what kind of connection is needed for systems with say 1000 accounts
> if mirror would have to be on other networks (different ISP's)

You could get away with a dialup connection ... put that in the cron as well :-)  It would really depend on how active your accounts are.

Check the files that you would be updating every day for at least a week.  Find out which ones change (aide can help there), do some calculations and figure out what your data traffic will be and what time constraints you are under.  Then shop for the bandwidth that will do the job with some numbers that count.

--
Gerard MacNeil
System Administrator