Re: Firewall configuration with two ISP

On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 12:50:08PM +0530, Bala wrote:
> Hello
>   In Debian GNU/Linux, I have configured three network cards. I'm having
> leased line connection from two ISP's with two different series of IP
> addersses. With first card I, have configrued ISP1 and with second card, I
> have configured with ISP2. With the third card, I have configured my LAN.
> Now I'm able to ping both the ISP's gateway from my machine. But, I'm NOT
> able to access my machine with one of the Internet IP from Internet. What
> could be the problem??

There was a list of URL posted here in the debian-firewall mailing list.
One of them had a section that might be of interest.  It has the balancing
for the opposite direction,  but it should help get you there.

The appropriate section:

    So, to develop a simple and inexpensive load balanacing solution,
    you might use the following to have your firewall redirect some of
    the traffic to each of the web servers at,
    and, as follows:

             # Modify destination addresses to,
             #, or

             # iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -i eth1 -j DNAT \

Mike Schmitz<mschmitz@colug.org>	http://ddns.colug.org/mschmitz
	My thoughts on h4x0rs:  Consider the complacency
	and arrogance that would cause a porcupine to sleep
	on its' back.