Re: secure remote backup

Alson van der Meulen <alson@linuxfreak.nl> writes:

> On Sat, Mar 24, 2001 at 03:31:19PM -0600, Matt Fair wrote:
> > I have 20/40 gig tape backup.  I would like to backup my LAN and my
> > remote web server with the same tape drive.
> > Is there a way to backup the web server securely?
> > SSH?
> > Matt
> amanda's quite nice too, dunno about security, it can do some
> encryption ssh like things iirc, look at the docs

I agree, amanda is an excellent piece of work.  I've only used it on LAN
backups, for remote backups (over the Internet) I'd want to run it over a
VPN but I think it would still be a good solution.

--
Fraser Campbell <fraser@starnix.com>                          Starnix Inc.
Telephone: (905) 771-0017                        Thornhill, Ontario, Canada