Re: High performance filesystems ?

On Monday 05 March 2001 18:33, Przemyslaw Wegrzyn wrote:
> Is there any page comparing the performance/features of ReiserFS , JFS,
> XFS ?
>
> Which one would you suggest for maildirs on heavy loaded server ?

XFS and JFS are not released so I recommend not using them on important
servers (IE mail servers).

ReiserFS had some fsck problems which should be fixed now, but I wouldn't
want to bet my business on it just yet.

I am likely to be installing a reasonable sized mail server in 2-3 months
time.  I think it's reasonably likely that ReiserFSCK will have been proved
reliable enough by then.  If not I'll get a NetApp.

If your company can't afford a NetApp then it will be more challenging.
Perhaps if you define for us what "heavy loaded server" means we can discuss
it in more detail.

Also try out my Postal program for benchmarking mail servers.