compile vs. apt-get (dpkg)
- To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: compile vs. apt-get (dpkg)
- From: "Grischa Schuering" <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 00:53:58 +0100
- Message-id: <F6B6C0113FA7B94D86B34CB9493D02F30A2613@atlas._msdcs.inity.de>
I have asked this question before....
I am a fan of the apt-get update feature... But right now I need to
compile a package (apache) from source, because I need to compile into
the source a few modules, which are not available as precompiled
I undestand, that I loose all apt functionality, when starting to
compile my own source.
What way is the best to deal with a situation like this ???