Re: RADIUS accounting and block accounts

Take a look at www.xtradius.com...
With it you will be able to log and check whatever you want...
Some LDAP script are ready to use...

Bye
Nat

At 15.14 24/02/2001 +1100, you wrote:
On Fri, Feb 23, 2001 at 09:15:47PM +1100, Jeremy Lunn wrote:
> I am about to finally set up portslave to authenticate with RADIUS (so
> that it can be replaced by a NAS).  Anyway the RADIUS authentication
> will backend to an LDAP database, but I was just wondering if it would
> be possible to backend the RADIUS accounting to a PostgreSQL database?
> Can anyone recommend a radius server that would support this (but it
> will be used exclusively for accounting, unless it supports LDAP and has
> a good license).
>
> This leads to the next question, I would like to be able to
> automatically disable accounts and disconnect them if they've used up
> more than allocated hours.  So say they have a 20 hour block acount,
> when it gets up to 20 hours I would like to d/c them and disable logins
> untill the next month.  Is this possible at all?  Or is it going to
> require a bit of hacking and a few perl scripts?

I aren't sure about Postgresql, but I know there is a patch to enable the Cistron Radiusd to log to a MySQL database. There is a link on the cistron radius website (I don't have the link handy, but a quick search on freshmeat will find it)

Cheers,
Alan