Re: Strange message

perldoc perllocale

[...]
    LOCALE PROBLEMS

       You may encounter the following warning message at Perl
       startup:

               perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
                       LC_ALL = "En_US",
                       LANG = (unset)

       This means that your locale settings had LC_ALL set to
       "En_US" and LANG exists but has no value.  Perl tried to
       believe you but could not.  Instead, Perl gave up and fell
       back to the "C" locale, the default locale that is
       supposed to work no matter what.  This usually means your
       locale settings were wrong, they mention locales your
      system has never heard of, or the locale installation in
       your system has problems (for example, some system files
       are broken or missing).  There are quick and temporary
       fixes to these problems, as well as more thorough and
       lasting fixes.

       Temporarily fixing locale problems
[...]

bye,