Re: ipchains or iptables either way

Hi,

I'd say use the ipmasq package, then disable the masqing portion of it. The rules take a little while to figure out, but once you do they're pretty easy to muck around with.

You could configure DNS to run on a certain interface (or IP) if you are using BIND 8. I don't know about other DNS programs, but this should be basic functionality. You could restrict the other services through ipchains - creating the rules in the /etc/ipmasq/rules directory.

With Apache, you can specify which IP addresses it listens to (and then set up virtual hosting on different IPs if you need to). For IPs etc for the sub-interfaces, they can be configured through /etc/network/interfaces.

Hope this helps you our some.
- Frank