apt-get upgrade installs unnecessary users / Cobalt RaQ 3i

hi list,

1) i switched recently from redhat to debian for an internet server
installation

i deleted unnecessary users and groups like games, audio etc., but they
were reinstalled when doing the first apt-get upgrade.

could anyone point me please to some ressources concerning default
users/groups, which of them are necessary and how to avoid their
reinstallation ?

2) another server we run is a cobalt raq 3i. does anyone run it under
debian, or did anyone at least try to install it ?

thx

--

H. P.  Stroebel, Germany