Re: 3Com 3c982-TXM

Wow, I must have struck a raw nerve!

On Saturday, January 20, 2001, at 09:51 PM, brian moore wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 20, 2001 at 02:01:56AM +0100, Jason Quigley wrote:
>
> Indeed, and I venture that was what Martin's point was as well.  Yet you
> flamed him.

Oh, so to make the point, he decided to flame with a sarcastic assessment of somebody else's use of the language. Good way to make the point.

> No, the 'original poster', Christian, said to post in 'proper english'.
> Martin's point was that Christian's own post wasn't 'proper', and
> therefore hypocritical.... yet you flamed -Martin- and even classified
> him based on his nationality?

Again, as I said in another post, you've got to allow leeway for somebody who is not using his mother tongue. I know who I was sending the message to. What you are saying here is that you can interpret what the original poster said, but I can't? Try not to be so supercilious!

> At least not many of what you call "English xenophobes". eh?

Actually, the most xenophobe's I have come across in my life are English! You just have to look at all the ambassadors, otherwise known as football hooligans. Look at Prince Phillip! Look at virtually every English sitcom from the 70's and 80's!

> Why is the nationality of a poster important.... -YOU-, Jason, are the
> one calling people names based on their nationality.  Is that just a
> quantification of your feelings toward those "bloody foreigners"?

I actually looked at his email address, signature and surname to make a pretty good guess at his nationality!! I was not calling him names based on his nationality, just what he posted.

> Perhaps you should listen to your own rants instead of flaming people
> based on your own ethnic biases.

I flamed one poster who to me is a xenophobe, is English and fits into the largest group of xenophobes that I know. My nationality if you want it, is Irish. I've lived in England, so I have a pretty good idea of what I'm talking about.

Cheers,
Jason.