Re: 3Com 3c982-TXM

On 01-01-20 Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Am 22:53 19.01.2001 +0100 hat Christian Kurz geschrieben:
> >On 01-01-19 Michelle Konzack wrote:
> >> Can anyone help me with the 3c982-TXM ???
> >
> >less /usr/src/linux/Documentation/Networking/00-Index and then look for
> >the Document about 3com cards and then read the Documenation. If the
> >card is mentioned in it, it will work with linux, if not, it won't work.
> >
> >But what has this question with ISPs to do? May I suggest that you use
> >in the future more appropriate lists for sending your questions too?

> The 3c982-TXM is not reffered. But I think, it is possibel,
> that I find a person, which know, how to get the card running.

Hm, have you looked at the Website of the manufacturer 3Com, if they
offer some drivers for download?

> The Other thing is, that I am ISP, exactly WaveLAN-Provider and this

I know that, because I also read debian-user-de. ;)

> NIC is absolutly ISP related. Oh yes, the new Version is 3c990-TXM.

Hm, but why exactly this NIC and no other NIC? I currently wonder why
you insist on using exactly this NIC and no other NIC.

> I thin, I can find help only in the right Domain, because no private
> person will use a NIC for more then 300 US$.

Well, why do you buy such a expensive NIC? Has this it some special
features that you need or would a cheaper NIC be also usable for you?

Ciao
     Christian
--
          Debian Developer and Quality Assurance Team Member