Re: 3Com 3c982-TXM

On Friday, January 19, 2001, at 04:16 PM, David Bishop wrote:

> >  Since when is ausruesten an an English word.
>
> Correction:  Since when is ausruesten *an* English word *?*  Correcting one
> mistake with two of your own is actually pretty funny. :-)

Ha ha!! No worries though - I've chopped off the two fingers that typed the extra bit and stabbed my left eye as punishment for not seeing the lack of a question mark! ;-)

Anyway, my point was that anybody can make mistakes (as I very aptly demonstrated) and I think it takes a real arse to criticise somebody for making en error with what is obviously not their first language.

The original poster was obviously trying to put across the idea that the list is an English speaking one and that German words wouldn't generally be understood by the majority of lurkers and posters here.

I am now living in Spain and if everybody here was as short-sighted as that, it would make life here very tough going.

So, wake up little islanders, there's a world full of other people out there (otherwise known to some as "bloody foreigners")!

Cheers,
Jason.