Re: Radius Servers?

> We are currently looking at replacing our current radius implementation
>  of cistron+ mysql patch with either a newer version of cistron or
>  something different. Perhaps the free merit. We like cistron because of
>  the SQL backend. However it looks as though the mysql patch hasn't been
>  updated to work with 1.61. I am wondering first off what everyone else
>  is using, secondly has anyone taken it upon themselves to patch cistron
>  1.61 with the mysql patch and lastly has anyone tried icradius in an ISP
>  environment. The full SQL implemenation is extremely attractive but I am
>  not sure it will handle an "ISP level" load. We currently get about 40
>  requests a second. Any comments? Suggestions? Please let me know

Jayson,

I haven't messed with 1.6.1, but there is a patch for Cistron RADIUS 1.6.4 for
the mysql authentication/accounting.  The Cistron RADIUS source also comes with
the debian/ directory, and the appropriate control/rules files, so it's pretty
easy to build a .deb out of the patched version with only a few modifications.

Check out http://www.miquels.cistron.nl/radius/, they have the tarball for
1.6.4, and the MySQL patch is under the "unofficial cistron-radius patches"
page.

Wayne Tucker