Web mail system for Qmail

Hello!

I am going to install a web mail reading system. It has to:
 - support qmail with virtualdomains
 - have a look that would be reasonably easy to customize
 - be written in a way that isn't a nightmare to
   understand/modify
 - be secure (well, you can't really prove that, but the code
   shouldn't look suspicious).

It doesn't have to be packaged, since it is not a Debian box
(but will be, soon. (*evil laughter*)

Does anyone have some experience with such systems? It doesn't
need to be an out-of-the-box-complete-and-working-solution,
since I will have time to customize it extensively.

regards

Marcin
--
Marcin Owsiany <porridge@pandora.info.bielsko.pl>