Re: traffic accounting

On Thu, 18 Jan 2001, Teun Vink wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to setup up some sort of traffic accounting in our
> network. I know how to do this using ipchains rules, but the problem is
> that our network is completely redundant, so each machine in the network
> has two gateways (both Debian boxes).
>
> Does anybody know of a tool which can automatically combine the accounting
> of multiple routers into one set of statistics?

There is a tool called 'fipra' which I and a friend developed. it pulls
what netblock it should log and to where from a mysql server. You can find
it out on the net and it works with linux kernels up to 2.2.16.. I have a
new patch done that works with later 2.2.x kernels and I will push that
out before the weekend.

it can easily handle accounting of 5000 ip's traffic att 30mbit or more,
depending on the speed of the machine.

Regards
Roger A