Re: identd + SOCKS

On Wed, 10 Jan 2001, Marcin Owsiany wrote:

| Hmm.. this is worth a look, then. I had thought that such
| programs are designed for one person, i.e. installation on a
| user's account.
|
| Will the identd daemon somehow communicate with the bounce
| proxy so that it will return an IP or a hostname of the client
| using the proxy?

You can run more then one user off the bounce program. It also has
"fake" ident support, which will probably do what you want.

At the very least, if all else fails, you can have multiple installations
running under multiple usernames... but it shouldnt come to that.

--
John Gonzalez / johng@netmdc.com / johng@tularosa.net
Tularosa Communications, Inc. (505) 439-0200 voice / (505) 443-1228 fax