Re: DSL

On Tue, Jan 09, 2001 at 02:58:43PM +1100, Craig Sanders wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 08, 2001 at 11:51:02AM -0600, Nathan E Norman wrote:
> > I think there's a problem with this.  Even if you get DSL from
> > different providers, chances are good that they're using the same
> > copper and DSLAM.  Hence the redundancy isn't ...
>
> knew there had to be a reason why non-redundant redundancy is cheaper :)

*grin*

Well, I've yet to see (or hear) of a setup where someone can get two
DSL lines from _two different DSLAMS_ into the same location ... same
problem with cable modems of course.  Then again anyone trying t run
semi-critical stuff on cable modem is crazy ...

Soneone did bring up a point about at least getting two different
copper pairs as that was the most common problem.  I can't agree or
disagree (I don't know why DSL fails most commonly).

In many markets it's possible to get a frame or point-to-point T1 or
fractional T1 for a discount price but you do have to ship around.

Cheers,

Micromuse Inc.                 | than a perfect plan tomorrow.