Re: Detecting a down link and rerouting

On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, Robert Davidson wrote:

> > you want to do some dynamic routing. for that very purpose, zebra with
> > bgp comes to mind.
>
> Hehe.. so does a headache! ;)
>
> The way I'd do it, be it crude or not, is using the ping command to
> send out a couple packets, then if the ping screws up on a certain
> link, then do whatever with the routing table.

That's what I was thinking. I was just sorta suprised no one had written
some cool power daemon to do it already :)
BGP sounded like it would have been, umm... "fun" to setup. Unfortunately,
I'm not a networking expert (yet), still going to college on this stuff,
and fooling with routing scares the heck out of me :)

Thanks for your quick responses.

-Leigh

---
Leigh Koven                                   CyberComm Online Services
leighk@thegovernment.net                      http://www.cybercomm.net/
http://www.thegovernment.net/                            (732) 818-3333
"Just do me a favor and check your baggage at the door" - The Offspring