Re: DSL

On Mon, 8 Jan 2001, Nathan E Norman wrote:

| I think there's a problem with this.  Even if you get DSL from
| different providers, chances are good that they're using the same
| copper and DSLAM.  Hence the redundancy isn't ...
|
| Cheers,

Most of the failures we've seen with DSL is mainly from quality of cable
pairs. So, having a seperate DSL circuit on a seperate cable pair buys you
some peace of mind. But again, this is not meant to be a business quality
internet substitute :)

3 days repair time is not uncommon, and is actually pretty good response
time as far as DSL goes. Whereas, a T1, a 3 hour response time is usually
the norm.

--
John Gonzalez / johng@netmdc.com / johng@tularosa.net
Tularosa Communications, Inc. (505) 439-0200 voice / (505) 443-1228 fax