Re: Apt-get

Doug Bean wrote:

> Hi all,
> I been having a bit of trouble accessing one of my servers in the sources
> list for apt.
> Is there anywhere where there is a list of public servers or mirror sites to
> add to this file. I get the following error:
> Err http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au stable/non-US Packages
>   404 Not Found
> Hit http://ftp1.us.debian.org stable/main Packages
> Hit http://ftp1.us.debian.org stable/main Release
> Ign http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au stable/non-US Release
> Hit http://ftp1.us.debian.org stable/contrib Packages
> Hit http://ftp1.us.debian.org stable/contrib Release
> Hit http://ftp1.us.debian.org stable/non-free Packages
> Hit http://ftp1.us.debian.org stable/non-free Release
> Failed to fetch
> http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/debian-non-US/dists/stable/non-US/binary-i386/Pa
> ckages
>   404 Not Found
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> W: Couldn't stat source package list 'http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au
> stable/non-US Packages'
> (/var/state/apt/lists/mirror.aarnet.edu.au_debian-non-US_dists_stable_non-US
> _binary-i386_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)
> W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these missing files
> E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones
> used instead.
> I've tried a number of different servers and keep getting the same error.
> Any help would be great :-)
> Thanks
> Doug Bean
> Manager//System Admin
> Mr Bean's Internet
> airliebeach.net.au
> www.mrbean.net.au
>
> --

The best thing you can do is go to the address in your web browser and see if
the files are still there or have been reorganized.

I've done that a couple times, and it's fun building your own sources.list
lines.
--

Mike Fedyk                   "They that can give up essential liberty
Information Systems           to obtain a little temporary safety