Re: IDE RAID

On Mon, 7 Aug 2000, [iso-8859-1] Áts Attila wrote:

> have any of you ever heard of or used a RAID controller
> that is capable of "RAIDing" with IDE disks? Is there
> suuport for a card like this in Linux?

A couple of years ago, I saw a hardware RAID controller which presented to
the host SCSI as a disk but used multiple IDE drives for storage (thus
implementing the "I" in RAID ;-).

Once set up, such a gizmo *should* look like a regular SCSI disk to the
system and thus pose no compatibility problems.

Sorry, I can't find any references to this beastie nor do I know the
requirements for setting it up nor if there might be any compatibility
issues lurking in there.  Anyone else got a pointer?

Regards,
Neale.