Re: IDE RAID

Attila,

> have any of you ever heard of or used a RAID controller
> that is capable of "RAIDing" with IDE disks? Is there
> suuport for a card like this in Linux?

I've just ordered one of the following.  There is kernel support
above version 2.2.15 and it is proper hardware raid, but only 0,
1 and 1+0.

    http://www.3ware.com/products/linux3ware.shtml

You should steer clear of the BIOS-based controllers, like the
Promise FastTrak series as these aren't supported, nor are they
likely to be supported.

Yours sincerely,

-- Mark John Suter  | I know that you  believe  you understand
suter@humbug.org.au | what you think I said, but I am not sure
GPG key id F2FEBB36 | you realise that what you  heard  is not
Ph: +61 4 1126 2316 | what I meant.                  anonymous