Re: /var/cache/apt/archives/partial deleted

On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, Adrian Nims wrote:

>    I deleted by mistake the file /var/cache/apt/archives/partial (rm -rf
> *). Does anybody know how this file should look like, in order to write
> another one in place of the delted one ?
>     I cannot make any update, any install of new package using dselect
> without this file.

AFAIK it's a directory where half-downloaded files are stored...
so just create one... ??

yep... partial owned by root:root mode 755...

Mark Janssen                     Unix Consultant @ SyConOS IT
E-mail: mark@markjanssen.homeip.net    GnuPG Key Id: 357D2178
http: markjanssen.homeip.net and markjanssen.[com|net|org|nl]
Fax/VoiceMail: +31 20 8757555     Finger for GPG and GeekCode