Re: Kernel >= 2.2.17 or 2.4.* for FW/Proxy

> test10 and test11 both worked fine for me in my tests.  I've heard some
> reports of file system problems with test11 so I'm running test10.
conclusion is - there are still problems with 2.4.*, success depends
heavily on your hadware. so - don't use 2.4.* for stable machines, and
fw/proxy should be seated on as stable as possible.

> standard kernel released by Linus then you need 2.4.0-test5 minimum!
don't see any advantage in Linus approved kernels. You need to patch your
kernel if you want to use crypto, and there are many other reasons.
Doesen't test* scare ya?
I do preferer stable, patched kernel to unstable 2.4.