Xpdq installation

   I want to install xpdq and PDQ sourceforge said that GTK and GLib  at
least 1.2 is needed (pdq.sourceforge.net/download.html) but when I try
to install them using dselect I cannot do it because dselect sais that
gtklib and glib are in conflict. So I can install only one o f them and
xpdq installation cries out that it has not the lib I didn't install.
    Can anyone tell me how can I succefully install xpdq ?

begin:vcard
n:Nims;Adrian
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Galaxy Telecommunications srl
version:2.1
email;internet:Adrian.Nims@galaxy.ro
title:Network Administrator/System engineer
x-mozilla-cpt:;0
fn:Adrian Nims
end:vcard