Re: Minimal installation for FW

Hi, I had installed a lot of software in my firewall, but I take care of
the ports...

Basically I use my firewall as NAT and SMTP/POP3 Server, and I had
installed software usefull. My favourites are:

	· sshd: To take control of the machine without passwords
	· gfcc: Control the firewall rules using a GUI
	· dhttpd: A Web server that only serves HTML, secure and usefull
	on certain situations
	· Sendmail / qpopper: Allow LDAP
	· Network utils: netcat, nmap, tcpdump...

Total of disk space:

	· / 	140Mb
	· /usr	149Mb
	· /var	172Mb <- Mail folders

It's not so big, and I feel very comfortable... perfect.

I wish it will be usefull for you.

My list of packages installed is:

adduser ae apt at base-config base-files base-passwd bash bc biff bin86
binutils bison bsdmainutils bsdutils console-data console-tools
console-tools- cpio cpp cron dc debconf debconf-tiny debian-policy
debianutils dhttpd dialog diff dnsutils doc-debian doc-linux-text dpkg
dpkg-dev dpkg-ftp dpkg-perl e2fsprogs ed elvis-tiny emacsen-common
ethereal fbset fdflush fdutils file fileutils findutils finger fingerd
flex freetype2 ftp gcc gdb gettext-base gfcc gpm grep groff gzip hostname
i18ndata iamerican ibritish info ipchains-perl ipmasq ippl iproute
isapnptools ispell ldso less libc6 libc6-dev libdb2 libgd1g libgdbmg1
libglib1.2 libgtk1.2 libident liblockfile1 libncurses4 libncurses5
libnet-perl libnet-telnet- libnetwork-ipv libnewt0 libnss-ldap
libopenldap-ru libopenldap1 libpam-ldap libpam-modules libpam-runtime
libpam0g libpcap0 libpcre2 libpng2 libpopt0 libreadline4 libsnmp-sessio
libsnmp4.1 libssl09 libstdc++2.10 libstdc++2.10- libwrap0 lilo locales
logcheck login logrotate lsof-2.2 lynx m4 mailx make makedev man-db
manpages manpages-dev mason mawk mbr menu mime-support modconf modutils
mount mpack mrtg mtools mutt ncftp ncurses-base ncurses-bin ncurses-term
netbase netcat nfs-common nfs-kernel-ser nmap nscd nvi olvwm olwm
openldap-gatew openldap-utils openssl passwd patch pciutils perl-5.005
perl-5.005-bas perl-5.005-doc perl-5.005-sui perl-base pidentd ppp
pppconfig procmail procps psmisc pump qpopper rcs samba-common sed
sendmail setserial sharutils shellutils slang1 smbclient smbfs snmp snmpd
ssh sslwrap strace sudo sysklogd syslinux syslog-ng sysvinit talk talkd
tar tasksel tcpd tcsh tcsh-i18n telnet tetex-lib texinfo textutils time
traceroute update util-linux wenglish whiptail whois xbase-clients
xfree86-common xlib6g xlib6g-dev xpm4g xviddetect xview-clients xviewg
zlib1g