Re: apt-get problems with changing FTP site

> I am getting problems when trying to install various packages, it times out
> when trying to pull the package from certain ftp sites.
>
> Is there a way to change or specify a ftp site to download from.
>
> and if so please can you give me a list or suggest the sites for me.

You can specify apt sources in /etc/apt/sources.list

The default install provides a common list but they are commented out.
Removing the comment markets from the appropriate line should put you in
business. I use the following lines in my sources.list:

# Binaries
deb htt://ftp.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main contrib
non-free
deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org/debian dists/proposed-updates