Re: OT: working with cisco gear (Re: CISCO --> debian tool(s))

> > >I wouldn't know.
> > >but isn't that what OpenView is for? and is unbeatable in that field?
> >
> > I consider BrokenView to be in the field of BigBuckMoneyBurn-ware ...
>
> Indeed.  I've yet to meet anyone that has used it and -liked- it.
>
> The most common reason to run OV is "we installed some vendor hardware
> and they only let us manage it with OV".

This now explains to me why the networking team at my old company, having
had the UNIX, TCP/IP admin side install openview for them at vast expense.
Then still relied on us to troubleshoot whenever there were problems....

We used errrr ping, traceroute, tcpdump etc