pptp problem (adsl)

Hello,
i have a problem configuring my Linux (potato) box. I want to use the ADSL
connection I have. I have read several documents about this subject and
followed them. This is what I did:

- set up the network and I am able to ping the modem (10.0.0.138)
- downloaded, patched and installed pptp
- made a file /etc/ppp/chap-secrets:
<my-username>	*	<my-pass>	*

- made a file /etc/ppp/options.adsl:
idle 0
debug
noauth
user <my-username>
usepeerdns
defaultroute

But when I try to start the connection by
# pptp 10.0.0.138 file /etc/ppp/options.adsl

the following lines appear in /var/log/messages:
log[pptp_dispatch_ctrl_packet:pptp_ctrl.c:536]: Client connection
	established.
log[pptp_dispatch_ctrl_packet:pptp_ctrl.c:642]: Outgoing call established.
pppd 2.3.11 started by root, uid 0
Using interface ppp0
Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/ttya0
Remote message: Password:
Connection terminated.
Exit.

So, it asks for a password. I followed the dutch document, but I can not
make a connection.
Does anyone have an idea (or had similar problems?).

Thanks in avance,
Sebastiaan