Re: nat

On Fri, 6 Oct 2000, Kevin wrote:
>   I was wondering if anyone can tell me sort of problems I would have
>   if I assigned internal ips to our customers and used ipmasq.
>   Basically I don't want to do this, but I need some sort of firepower
>   to persuade my boss that he doesn't want it either.  Any
>   info/link/short coming of age stories would be greatly appreciated.

Sometimes NAT doesn't work very well with VPN clients. In my experience,
I had to set up some special firewall rules and I had to patch the kernel
for my particular VPN to work.

But I also have used internal IPs via NAT for lots of other internet
connectivity -- it usually works well once it is configured correctly (for
real audio, icq, aim, ftp and ...).

  Jeremy C. Reed
  http://www.reedmedia.net/
  http://bsd.reedmedia.net/