Re: Little script help please

Hello,

On 08-Sep-00 Mervyn Jack wrote:
> Our programmer, Andrew, tells me the problem is with the lines...
>   if [ $hessian_colour="twotone" ]; then
>
> The "=" set's $hession_colour to twotone and returns a TRUE to say the
> operation
> has been successful.
> You need to use a "==" to compare the two values.
> For String comparisons, you should really use the word "eq".

The script looks like regular Bourne shell script,  and you do not need the
== in shell, you do in "C" though.  Also I only use the -eq -ne -gt -lt
qualifiers for numeric comparisons.

I would also put the variables in double quotes as well as the constants, since
if the variable is not set, you will get an error without them.

Bill Suetholz