Re: bad passwords

You will not be able to connect with to msn with any other client then
win 9x,
come to expect that from microsoft. Though AT&T should be be fine?  Have
you placed the dns
servers in the etc/resolv.conf?

for example:

search
nameserver 255.255.255.254
nameserver 255.255.255.255

these would be the dns servers of your isp.