onsite web cam

Hi:
I'd like to put up a web cam to that clients can see their equipment.
I had done some messing around a while back pointing the camera at the
screen and clients could read it mostly.  Also good.

but, what I need is to know if anyone can recommend a USB based web cam
that works on a LInux box.
I of course could just use NT or some Millenium based one but ...

the idea is to get online sound and video working so clients can just
"talk" to the tech support people when they need to ans ee them.