cp [was: Re: ** Emegancy Request **]

On Thu, Aug 17, 2000 at 10:19:52AM -0500, Keith G. Murphy wrote:

> There's always cp -a.

I've heard several times that "cp" is not very good at copying files when it
comes to copying something more than plain files. Some people suggest using
cpio. I used  cp -a  succesfully several times when copying whole partitions.
Does anyone know any problems when using cp in such situations?

regards

Marcin
--
+--------------------------------+ The reason we come up with new versions